Monday 2 January 2012

Twitter page

Hi everyone-

I've just created my Twitter page. Here's the link- http://twitter.com/#!/sutton_thescore

Annoyingly I've had some trouble uploading my photo, which is a pain as I've
spent ages gelling my hair and sorting out my shirt and everything, but I hopefully I'll
get it to work- nuisance.

Championship wise, it's been a pretty odds-defying start to 2012 this afternoon. Southampton,
the current league leaders, were beaten 3-0 at Brighton. This result shocked me the most, because
throughout the season so far, I've always seen Southampton as the side that are quite consistent, never give
many goals away and always tend to get back to a winning habit following a patchy spell. Following the sending off of Lambert and injury to Guly do Prado, they conceded 3 goals to a side with ten players unavailable. The result has put a lot of questions in my mind about that side and they will need to recover quickly when they play Nottingham Forest in two weeks. Will time be a healer?

For other results, Blackpool beat Middlesbrough, who could have gone after Southampton's defeat, are now 4th. The 3-0 win for Holloway's side will see them move to a point off of the play-offs. Cardiff have beaten the in-form Reading 3-1 to go 3rd, whilst Hull look vulnerable to dropping out of the last play-off spot having lost to Derby.

In terms of the relegation dogfight, all sides in the bottom three were showing signs of promise, pilling the pressure on Bristol City and Millwall, who play each other tommorrow. Coventry showed that they can at least compete in this league having kept the scoreline to just 1-0 when they lost at West Ham. Doncaster beat Barnsley 2-0 to go 2pts from safety, whilst Nottingham Forest managed a 3-1 win away to Ipswich to go 3pts from East Anglian club to ensure a tasty opening four months of the new year at both ends of the table- any side from midtable could still get into the playoffs and go up, any side from midtable could still go down- it really is all to play for.

No comments:

Post a Comment