Sunday 1 January 2012

New kid on the blog

Hi everyone-

I'm Gabriel Sutton, I'm 19 and am a stand-up comedian from Birmingham. I love talking about football, I've got a real passion for it and am a Birmingham City fan. Loads of people have suggested that I should write about it, and, well, this is it.

Now, I know topics like the Tevez affair (and more literally, the Rooney affair) from the Premiership are already covered widely by English press- you will be sick to death of hearing about it. That's why I have decided to dedicate this blog, for the most part, towards the nPower Championship. I think that this league has everything, derby clashes, unpredictability and true grit.

I'm hoping that my writing will catch a wave of backlash against a very corporate society within football that became increasingly money-orientated. Now that the reign of Rupert Murdoch over the British press appears to be coming towards an abrupt end, people are now more aware of the power of money in our society and hopefully in football, this will shine through and we can see the real people who are what football is all about.

So there you have it, I really hope you enjoy this blog, do follow it and spread the word- tell your mates down the pub about it, or whatever.

One final thing, every Thursday I will be making a round of predictions for all of the Championship games on the Saturday- if you wanna send in your predictions for the games which will be posted, send 'em to:
If the e-mails flow, I might start up a prediction game- we shall see.

Cheers for reading
Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment